Monday, January 09, 2006

My American Hero by Alexis Sidell

My American hero is all the soldiers that are fighting or have fought in wars. They are my heroes for many reasons.
They wake up every morning being prepared for anything, because anything could happen at any point. They risk everything to fight for our freedom that half the time we mostly take for granted. All the soldiers that fought in any war for our country deserve lots of respect. They survived many things that occur with wars they had the courage, strength, motivation, to keep up safe. All the soldiers that have died for us, for the future of the United States. If they didn't fight I probably wouldn't be here the person I am,able to decide for myself,I wouldn't be a true free person.
I am so thankful for there many acts of kindness,love,patriotism,courage,and loyalty that all soldiers of the past and present have shown.
By: Alexis Sidell



This was written by my daughter Alexis for her English class they had to pick anybody for their hero. She said some kids picked P. Diddy (whatever his name is) or Paris Hilton dont even get me started on those two for role models. I am so proud of her and of this display of who she is. She doesnt know I put this on here but I have been displaying it on our fridge for a while and am proud of her. Good Worl Lexi Ann

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lexi:

This Grandpa is proud of you. Nice to know that some young people have their heads screwed on right and can tell "heroes" from those we would class as passing fads or idols.

Proud of you Gal...
Grandpa Mc

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home